NHC 2014 Conference Changes??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernip

Reaction score
A buddy and I were looking to get tickets to NHC this year and noticed a few changes (I believe anyways?) this year to the program. WTH do "Guests" need to be AHA members now? This really screws a lot of couples that want to go where only one brews and the other comes for the social hours.

Application Window

Opens: 10:00 am MST, February 19, 2014
Closes: 10:00 pm MST, February 26, 2014

Conference registration is open only to AHA members 21 years or older. Membership must be current at the time of application. Altitude Tickets will host the application to register, as well as the payment process.

Each member applying to register may request ONE guest registration.
All guests must also be members of the AHA.
A valid 9-digit AHA member number for each registrant and guest will be required.
Each AHA member may apply to register once; this includes guests. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Do not apply more than one time.

Due to increased demand on conference registration the Social Package is no longer offered.

That's kind of the point. It's a homebrewer's convention where many homebrewers were shut out due to non-homebrewers showing up as guests. I think what they're trying to accomplish is give a little priority to the people with passion for homebrewing. Sounds fair to me.

From what I have been reading bobbym is correct about the intent. I also read that the AHA is offering some sort of discounted family membership so that those who want to take spouses can do so (and so AHA can make some extra money).

From what I have been reading bobbym is correct about the intent. I also read that the AHA is offering some sort of discounted family membership so that those who want to take spouses can do so (and so AHA can make some extra money).

It's $22 for your spouse to be an AHA member.

Bob has no interest in brewing whatsoever- but he may come with me this year so he's joining the AHA.

Back