Hello to all brewers, from Clearwater, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerKillLogic

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a member here for about a year, but just as a lurker. First time brewer, but I am a long time craft beer fan, and specifically love me some Belgian beers.

I live in hot sunny FL and the indoor temps are seldom below 76 degrees (more like 78 through summer), so I have always been reluctant to try my hands on brewing beer. I've done some scattered research through out the last year, but just recently I have begun more extesive research on brewing. I am currently reading John Palmers How To Brew, which I hope to finish in a week or two.

Now that it is early October the temperatures will inevitably lower in another couple of weeks (fingers crossed) and I wanted to be ready for when they did. So I went out and spent the money on a kit with everything I need to make my first attempt using a partial extraction kit for an American Pale Ale style beer. As soon as I see some steady low temps in the forecast is when I'll begin.

Looking forward to my brewing future. Good day to all!

Brew kit.jpg

Welcome!!! I am a fellow Floridian. I live in Tampa right across the pond from you. You can still ferment during the summer once you learn a few tricks of the trade. Good luck!

Nice! How do you keep it cool during fermention?

If it doesn't cool down soon I was thinking of doing the water bath/frozen water bottles and wet towel method. But thats a lot of upkeep. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Nice! How do you keep it cool during fermention?

If it doesn't cool down soon I was thinking of doing the water bath/frozen water bottles and wet towel method. But thats a lot of upkeep. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

This is what I do but you can also search Craigslist for old refrigerators and then get a temperature control unit to keep the temp where you want it.

I live in Clearwater also. Finally got a freezer and temp controller for fermenting and it's much better than a swamp cooler.

Back