Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a cranberry mead that's a family favorite. At 18% ABV out of the fermenter nearly 2 years ago, it has aged well in the keg.

I think this batch was plain clover honey, the 8 gallons aging for next Christmas are made with local honey.

I call it Christmas Dawn.
20200418_194659.jpg

Stuff in secondary fermentation....

Left to right:
Strawberry Mead
Traditional Mead
2 gallons Cranberry Mead
The other 6 gallons of Cranberry Mead.

Cranberry is ready for kegging/ bottling. The Traditional just got racked today. And the Strawberry is getting fixed from some acidity/ bitterness issues.

Attachments

• 20200425_163101.jpg
    20200425_163101.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
What kind of mead is that? Very clear!

It was a traditional I think . It was my first one I did in a class . Orange blossom honey and a bit of tea . It was super cloudy so I used bentonite. I was shocked how clear it got.

My son n law and I just made our 1st 5 gallon batch last week . Blueberry pomegranate hibiscus

Space invaders yeast! ;)

Wild yeast from leaving the whole thing outside overnight in an open container - (covered with a mosquito nett) + a little hops.

Turned out as a very nice tasting, sweet and carbonated mead.

IMG_0557.JPG

very tasty batch of peach I did this past summer.
This looks delicious! I was just curious if you'd be willing to share the recipe, please? I'm new to mead making & I'm excited to try all kinds of flavors. Thank you, in advance, if you're able to share the recipe.

Here's a pic of a batch of Charlie Papazian's Barkshack Ginger Mead I made in January 2006. Almost 15 years old! It came in at 7.6% ABV. It is smooth and dry, but not tart in any manner. The ginger is still present, but on the lighter side. It still tastes great!

In comparison, Canada Dry Ginger Ale has a full bite on the tongue while Schwepp's GA is much more tame. This mead is even more tame than a Schwepp's. Very enjoyable.

I have another batch, I'll have to check my inventory/notes. I think it's from either 2004 or 2008.

Speaking of 2008...does anyone have any of the Vanilla Leap Year mead for 2008? I do..... :rock:

Attachments

• 100_6531 (2).JPG
    100_6531 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 22
Thanks for responding. What a color!!😲 Looks & sounds amazing. The only mead (or anything else that I can think of, for that matter), that I have ever had hibiscus in was Viking Blod mead. Not really sure exactly what it was about that particular mead I wasn't so fond of...hops with honey or the hibiscus that I never had till I tried that. Maybe I can find a small quantity to experiment with.

Thanks for responding. What a color!!😲 Looks & sounds amazing. The only mead (or anything else that I can think of, for that matter), that I have ever had hibiscus in was Viking Blod mead. Not really sure exactly what it was about that particular mead I wasn't so fond of...hops with honey or the hibiscus that I never had till I tried that. Maybe I can find a small quantity to experiment with.

We used little hibiscus (tea bags) , left out the meadowsweet .

I just bought some POM juice & got a pint of fresh organic raspberries to make a 1 gallon batch with. I have to drive to Maine if I want to get some raspberry honey to make the POM/ raspberry one with, otherwise it's likely the wildflower honey from the guy down the street from me. Also picked up some organic black currant/blueberry juice to make another 1 gallon batch with. New to this hobby & I'm loving it!! :ghostly::ghostly::ghostly::ghostly:

I know! All on its own. I racked once & then again 2 nights later & 3 weeks after that...bottled. I'm so happy. Third mead made, first to clear & be bottled.😁

Ye all ready for consuming. All bulk aged for 2-3 years before bottling. I gave away my oldest bottle a 2014 number for some apples to make cider.

First brew in 11 years or so. It’s a blood orange mead with a recipe put together with help from an employee of Austin Homebrew. I also got ingredients for Atomic Fireball and a Blood Orange/Cranberry mead.

This is screen name from way back when, but I don’t drink a lot of beer these days. I do want to work towards an awesome blackberry Porter or Stout.
997A9F31-7B98-41FC-923A-ADFE409801E8.jpeg

It's been a long minute since I posted in this thread. This is my 2 year old Balcones Blue Corn barrel aged Cherry Melomel. 15% ABV.. On the very low end of semi-sweet. A very faint note of tartness from the cherry concentrate that I used from Seaquist Orchards out of WI. The barrel character is subtle, but adds a great flavor component. It's really hitting it's stride.. Skål!
cherry mead.jpg

It's been a long minute since I posted in this thread. This is my 2 year old Balcones Blue Corn barrel aged Cherry Melomel. 15% ABV.. On the very low end of semi-sweet. A very faint note of tartness from the cherry concentrate that I used from Seaquist Orchards out of WI. The barrel character is subtle, but adds a great flavor component. It's really hitting it's stride.. Skål!View attachment 707537
It looks delicious!

Last edited:
Finished last bottle of my 4th batch. It's over 1 year old. (Nov 2019 bottled). Clarity is amazing. Smells lightly of apples cyder. Taste on the sweeter side. But it's not balanced taste... many lessons were learned since then.

cyser.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back