Good extract Imp Stout kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDragon

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good extract Imp Stout kit? I need to get something started now for those cold Kansas winter months (Jan & Feb mainly).

I have the equipment to do BIAB AG if needed but would prefer to stick to extract until the temp outside cools down. I can do extracts in-house, but AG I have to do outside. It's been 96-105F all week here in Kansas. That's just too damn hot to be standing over a boiling pot!

Anyone done an extract Imp Stout that was good? Mind posting a link?

One of the last extract kits I did before I went AG was the Brewer's Best Russian Imperial Stout, and it turned out great. I thought the three other BB kits I did were jsut average, but this is a great beer. I'm a stout guy, as are many of my friends, and this is the first beer I brewed that I was really proud of.

At 8.5 ABV, this one is a beast. I brewed it in May, and still have about 1/2 a keg left just because it is hard to have more than a couple at a time if you have anything important to do that day. Plus is keeps getting better with age.

Latest posts

Back