It's not a big conical, but it is dead sexy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I mean, there's 150 gallons of beer in this picture.

flandersprimary.jpg

The active primaries you see are individual shares of Flanders Brown that are replacing the 60 gallons of Cherry Lambic in the wine barrel. Sniff... tear..

Bobby,
You're a drummer? I mean, I respected you before for your brewing prowess, but now I'm speechless.... In a good way! Rock on!

Bobby:

Are you done brewing for the year? I mean, you're pushing your 200 gallon limit really hard. Lucky for you the meter gets reset on January 1. :)

I wish you were my neighbor... You getting tired of New Jersey?

§ 5052 DEFINITIONS

(a) Beer.--For purposes of this chapter (except when used with reference to distilling or distilling material) the term "beer" means beer, ale, porter, stout, and other similar fermented beverages (including sake or similar products) of any name or description containing one-half of 1 percent or more of alcohol by volume, brewed or produced from malt, wholly or in part, or from any substitute therefore.

§ 5053 EXEMPTIONS

(e) Beer for personal or family use.--Subject to regulation prescribed by the Secretary, any adult may, without payment of tax, produce beer for personal or family use and not for sale. The aggregate amount of beer exempt from tax under this subsection with respect to any household shall not exceed--

(1) 200 gallons per calendar year if there are 2 or more adults in such household, or

(2) 100 gallons per calendar year if there is only 1 adult in such household.

For purposes of this subsection, the term "adult" means an individual who has attained 18 years of age, or the minimum age (if any) established by law applicable in the locality in which the household is situated at which beer may be sold to individuals, whichever is greater.

Wow!! love the pic!!!

(1) 200 gallons per calendar year if there are 2 or more adults in such household

Ok.. I guess I'm going to have to count my household as "Me", "Myself" and "I".... Hence 200 Gal limit.....:eek::cross::rockin::mug:

Bobby:

Are you done brewing for the year? I mean, you're pushing your 200 gallon limit really hard. Lucky for you the meter gets reset on January 1. :)

I wish you were my neighbor... You getting tired of New Jersey?

Wow!! love the pic!!!

(1) 200 gallons per calendar year if there are 2 or more adults in such household

Ok.. I guess I'm going to have to count my household as "Me", "Myself" and "I".... Hence 200 Gal limit.....:eek::cross::rockin::mug:

I'm guessing you missed the fact that those carboys are all for individual shares of a larger brew club project?

As you can tell, SWMBO is very accommodating of my obsession taking up all her laundry space over here (not to mention making me a homebrew cake as seen in other posts). Correct in assuming the carboys are each a share in a larger club project. If I really fermented that much beer on my own, I'd have larger vessels. The barrel currently holds a Cherry Lambic that was brewed Jan 2009 and it's getting distributed to the shareholders this week. After a hot water flush, the carboys on the floor, full of Flanders Brown, will be racked back into the barrel to meet up with some nasty critters.

The barrel is a 60gal vessel that previously held Cabernet Sav. It's American oak, medium toast with toasted heads. The first sour beer was a Flanders red and it sat for 12 months. Some say it was too oaky/tanic. The lambic sat in it for 10 months and the oak character should be less due to repeat use. By the time the Brown sits for 6-8 months, the oak may be insignificant but it's the resident bacteria that we're most concerned with at this point.

Latest posts

Back