What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! If I can power through two batches I'm pretty happy with myself. That sounds like a long day.

Saison thirty here. I think I'm going to make at least a grand of some creepy WWII memoribilia today, so I might hafta drink something fancy to celebrate.

The wife loves bottling, I bottled the farmhouse with the beergun while she bottled her Riesling, then we tag teamed the rest. The floor corker definitely speeds it up we have a good system.

And that's awesome!

Wooooo hooooo just dropped $8,659.00 on a vacation for life happy anniversary to me plus brownie points for me.

Wifey is having a pink lemonade martini

ForumRunner_20130804_145600.jpg
And I'm having a Bulldog Red Irish Ale Cranker's Brewery

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130804_145334.png
    ForumRunner_20130804_145334.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 78
  • ForumRunner_20130804_145915.png
    ForumRunner_20130804_145915.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20130804_150159.png
    ForumRunner_20130804_150159.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 73
I assume you mean yellow perch? We've had white & yellow here in Lake Erie for a lotta years now. To be honest,the white just doesn't compare with the yellow perch. Even the white bass are so over fished commercially,we get little more than young'uns. We just can't get enough backing to ban commercial fishing in the lake. Waaay too many of'em out there stripping the lake of virtually all the adult fish. Pears are usless anymore,as you need at least a 20 footer (25..3 tuns of'em! lolz) & go out into the shipping lanes,which is about 10 miles minimum around here. Sucks,but the fish are so damn good they're worth it!
That plate really takes me back. McGarvey's on the east end of the lagoons in Vermillion.

Hoppyum IPA (local NC Foothills brewery. ..Winston-Salem), Rolle Bolle, and chilling one of my Arrogant Bastard clones to drink!

Two parrots were sat on a perch, one says to the other "can you smell fish?"

I'm here all week; try the veal!

Reminds me of the old 70's tee shirt that shows 2 buzzards on a tree branch. one says to the other "patience my a$$! I'm gunna kill somethin'"!;)

After thinking about it I think this is the only Saison I've ever had. Deeeelicious!!! If I hadn't heard so much about it on here I probably would have never tried it.

image-1142981153.jpg

so who's had Boulevard's 2013 Saison-Brett? thought I saw some posts here about it, but y'all drink a lot and it fogs my memory. will this one benefit from aging?

NIZZLE said:
Fresh caught lake perch foooking tasty.

I like mine nice and mercury laden. Now I hear the lakes are polluted with micro plastic pieces that are used in products like facial scrubs. Either way, I think I'm going to try to talk SWMBO out of chicken and into a fish fry! We got a ton of lake perch from Lake Erie and Pymatuning.

so who's had Boulevard's 2013 Saison-Brett? thought I saw some posts here about it, but y'all drink a lot and it fogs my memory. will this one benefit from aging?

I haven't had it, but I've heard it improves with a couple years.

Billy-Klubb said:

We had one about a month ago, and it was good. The Brett was pretty tame, and I got another to stash away for awhile.

I haven't had it, but I've heard it improves with a couple years.

We had one about a month ago, and it was good. The Brett was pretty tame, and I got another to stash away for awhile.

loud & clear fellas! aging was my intent when I looked at it! those dregs might come in quite handy as well!

Brett c. aged rye saison (homebrew)

Did you do a clean primary and bottle with brett c? WLP 645? I've been thinking about doing a big beer with english ale yeast like that, but I've only used 645 for primary so I'm iffy about brewing a relatively expensive and time consuming beer.

TNGabe said:
Did you do a clean primary and bottle with brett c? WLP 645? I've been thinking about doing a big beer with english ale yeast like that, but I've only used 645 for primary so I'm iffy about brewing a relatively expensive and time consuming beer.

I did a clean fermentation but put the Brett c in secondary. Beer is six months old - keeps getting better the longer it sits.

Wild Blue . Well it tastes just like any cheap fruit flavored pop from the grocery store . Not at like beer . If I was out to drink a blueberry flavored soda pop I would like this but not for beer time . Reminds me of grape soda pop.

I'm having an old Boulevard Brewing Co 80 acre Hoppy Wheat prototype beer. It's basically their Wheat beer that's been dry hopped. Very smooth, slightly grainy with an aroma of a IPA. Very nice.

Remmys wheat beer.

Pours a copper color, nice and hazy with a nice strong head,
Smells just like banana bread. The flavor is great, I'm picking up a lot of banana and a bit of bubblegum, the carbonation has a sharp bite to it helping cut the bubblegum flavor before it gets too intense. Overall another great refreshing beer from remmy

20130804_172029_HDR_Hagrid_zps2b09d03a.jpg

Back