Bottle cleaning shortcut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Boy

Reaction score
Does anyone else (who's unfortunate enough to be bottling still :p ) cut the handle off their bottle brush and stick it in a power drill to clean their bottles? It works a treat and almost makes it bearable.

Sounds cool!....Last time I cleaned my bottles i didnt even use a brush though. I soaked them in bleach water for like an hour, then rinsed them with the thing that attaches to the sink that sprays up in the bottle, then I have this thing you fill with sanitizing solution and put the bottle on it upside down and push it down a bunch of times and it sprays it inside of it, then i put them on the bottle tree to dry for a few, then bottle.

I also rinse them out good after I drink them. I think thats the biggest key so stuff doesnt grow in them.

I know someone already posted this on here somewhere, but to reinforce, using OxyClean to remove the labels is HUGE!!! Soak 'em in that and hot water overnight, and the labels melt right off....

Yeah...Ive had bottles of like bud light and stuff that have sat in my basement after poker games for a while and its pretty disgusting what grows in them. I usually throw them away instead of returning them.

Rinse after use to prevent grossness.

that's what i do, i rinse em out right away and then they soak in the tub of bleach water till i need em again. then its a matter of a few shakes and rinse...

i put the four year old in charge of rinsing out the bottles last night. hope they got rinsed out enough ;)

t1master said:
that's what i do, i rinse em out right away and then they soak in the tub of bleach water till i need em again. then its a matter of a few shakes and rinse...

I do pretty much the same thing. I take them out of the bleach solution (2oz per 5g) once the container gets full, don't bother to rinse until I'm ready to use them again. Come bottle day I hot rinse them and then throw them in sanitzing solution. Works great, no scrubbing.

NUCC98 said:
I know someone already posted this on here somewhere, but to reinforce, using OxyClean to remove the labels is HUGE!!! Soak 'em in that and hot water overnight, and the labels melt right off....

Just used some Oxyclean...........It rocks :cool:
Took off the labels and glue with no work on my part and I only soaked the bottles about an hour and a half.

Latest posts

Back