4th batch finished!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewishowardm3

Reaction score
So I just finished my batch. Took me 4 hours!! From heating the original water up to pitching the yeast. It took some time to cool my wort which was about 4 gallons, and I used a lot of ice. Overall it took about 45 mins to cool. I think I might have to make wort chiller. It's the 1st time I have done a boil with grains and my whole house smelt great! Anyways, who else has been brewing today?

Chilling the wort right now on my session saison! 45min isn't too bad at all, that's about what I'm shooting for, although it WOULD be nice to have a wort chiller...

Boiling what I am calling a Northeastern American Brown Ale right now. Just added my first late hop addition. I have an immersion chiller so it only takes me about 20 min to get down to pitching temp. A highly recommended investment.

Geez, you don't even tell us what you brewed? No brewing for me for a while. Bottling a RIS tomorrow, and a hefe Wednesday.

10 g of mild and 5 g of an ipa for me tomorrow. I have a huge family party coming up, so now i'll have 5 beers to serve. Life is good

sweed said:
Geez, you don't even tell us what you brewed? No brewing for me for a while. Bottling a RIS tomorrow, and a hefe Wednesday.

Haha sorry I just done a brown porter.

My bro in law wants a wort chiller too so I'm gonna buy enough to make two chillers. This way it's cheaper haha

Back