My first labels - your thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoBrewers

Reaction score
I am hoping to unveil these guys at my 30th birthday party in mid-June, if the brews are ready.

First, a little background. I am a graduate student in Molecular and Cellular Biology, so many of my friends and acquaintances are science nerds (like myself).

Second, a little history. In the '70's and '80's, there was an explosion in scientific research in yeast genetics, for reasons that I don't need to get into. Long story short, a sort of dogma arose from that explosion - everyone in science was talking about the "APYG," or Awesome Power of Yeast Genetics.

While the APYG is pretty awesome, I would much rather celebrate what I like to call the APYM, or the Awesome Power of Yeast Metabolism. I am thinking that will become the central theme of all by beers.

OK, enough yammering. Here they are:

APYM APA
Oktoberfest Ale
Summer Ale (Kolsch)

Let me know what you think! I'm pretty bad with PS, but getting the hang of it.

Happy National Homebrew Day!

Thanks. The simplicity is more of a product of my photoshop ineptitude than anything else, but I think they came out ok.

Back