Sierra Nevada Hoptimum 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenal610

Reaction score
I tried this last week and somewhat enjoyed it. It was a fun experience, but I prefer other DIPA over this. I think hop heads would enjoy this one!

Here's my vid review on it for those who would like to check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a decent brew, but definitely not my favorite DIPA by far. My favorite DIPAs of that vein currently are Lakefront's XXXX IPA and Rogue's I2PA. I also love Pliny and Southern Tier's 2XIPA.

It's a decent brew, but definitely not my favorite DIPA by far. My favorite DIPAs of that vein currently are Lakefront's XXXX IPA and Rogue's I2PA. I also love Pliny and Southern Tier's 2XIPA.

Yeah, I enjoy rogue and ST 2IPA over this. Man, I always hear great things about Lakefront brews.

I keep hearing Lakefront popping up in conversation over and over again. I need to find a way to get a mix of six or something. BrewingTV's episode on them strongly reinforced that opinion.

I'm also a big fan of Rogue's double ipa. They make a lot of good beers. Dead Guy Ale was the one that /finally/ got my dad to appreciate hoppy beers. I don't think I've seen many (if any?) people on here say they don't like Pliny; that beer is real close to the pinacle of the style.

Sierra Nevada, though...unfortunately, I can't say I've had any of their beers that I've ever liked. I know they're a big name on the craft front and been around a long time, but nothing about any of the SN beers I've tried has impressed me enough to make sense of how often I see the name come up. Is there something about them I'm just not seeing or tasting?

I really enjoyed this beer and went back for another 4-pack. For the price and availability (don't have to hunt for it), it's hard to beat for me.

I somewhat enjoyed it as well. I'm going to age one or two to see what happens, even though it is a hoppy beer.

I keep hearing Lakefront popping up in conversation over and over again. I need to find a way to get a mix of six or something. BrewingTV's episode on them strongly reinforced that opinion.

I'm also a big fan of Rogue's double ipa. They make a lot of good beers. Dead Guy Ale was the one that /finally/ got my dad to appreciate hoppy beers. I don't think I've seen many (if any?) people on here say they don't like Pliny; that beer is real close to the pinacle of the style.

Sierra Nevada, though...unfortunately, I can't say I've had any of their beers that I've ever liked. I know they're a big name on the craft front and been around a long time, but nothing about any of the SN beers I've tried has impressed me enough to make sense of how often I see the name come up. Is there something about them I'm just not seeing or tasting?

For me, I don't consider any of there beers anything special. They don't have any "wow" beers. At the end of the day, I consider them a Solid brewery.

arsenal610 said:
I tried this last week and somewhat enjoyed it. It was a fun experience, but I prefer other DIPA over this. I think hop heads would enjoy this one!

Here's my vid review on it for those who would like to check it out:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN8P-fdXyyA

Good review! I recently noticed this has become available at a local grocery store. Will have to try it.

Back