Has it fermented

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg2536

Reaction score
OK, I messed up I think. I did not take a gravity reading before I pitched in my yeast. Over the last week I have not heard anything from the brew. I use an over flow pipe vs a bubbler. I have included 2 pics of the current look of the batch. Am I in trouble?

Picture 058 smaller.jpg

Picture 059smaller.jpg

No worries Fermentation can take a while until it is complete. The pictures look like fermenting beer. Hydrometer readings over 3 days with the same result will determine if fermentation is complete.

I looks like there are signs of kraussen and to have fallen back into the wort. That is general guideline that a good portion of the fermentation is complete. What is thr gravity reading right now?

And what was your recipe?

Big River Brown Ale w/ White Labs British Ale 005. I'll have to break out the Hydrometer and see. Thanks

See that ugly ring of gunk just above the beer? That ring is left over from the krausen that developed during fermentation. That is a tell tale sign of some fermentation! I bet your hydrometer reading will confirm that the beer is just about at the FG.

right at 2 weeks. the first week the room it was in keep the temp less than 60, so I'm not confident much was happening. it's been moved to a warmer area for about a week.

I usually move it to secondary to settle things down. I'll check it over the next few days and see if the Hydrometer stays the same.

Back