What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newcastle Werewolf. I wasn't going to drink one tonight, but I just got back from the store empty handed because my bank is having some issues I can't resolve until the morning. So to blow off some steam I'm drinking a beer and imagining myself drinking the blood of my unknown enemy.

I picked up Werewolf tonight too. I didn't realize that Newcastle did seasonals. Overall, I didn't enjoy it that much.

dudius said:
Newcastle Werewolf. I wasn't going to drink one tonight, but I just got back from the store empty handed because my bank is having some issues I can't resolve until the morning. So to blow off some steam I'm drinking a beer and imagining myself drinking the blood of my unknown enemy.

How is this in the bottle? I had it on tap at a sports bar and thought it was gross. It was very flat and metallic tasting. Maybe due to the bars treatment of the beer/ beer lines?

MirImage said:
How is this in the bottle? I had it on tap at a sports bar and thought it was gross. It was very flat and metallic tasting. Maybe due to the bars treatment of the beer/ beer lines?

I'd love to try it on tap. I think its great bottled. Starts off mildly sweet and then turns bitter. If you read the description on the label it'll make total sense.

Early start. Had a shiitty morning at work so I went home sick, first time all year. Take that shiity morning! May as well make it a better day then . Shure made me feel better! Havin a Green Flash WestCoast IPA- Probably one of my top five favorate IPA'z. Cheers to feeling healthy again.

Founders Breakfast Stout
Ommegang Scythe and Sickle
Post Road Pumpkin Ale

My girlfriend bought tickets to a beer breakfast tomorrow featuring the following (be prepared to be jealous... I promise):

Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders KBS
Founders CBS

:cross:

She's a keeper, am I right?

I just like this beer. It really hits the spot after a long day at work.:rockin:

JordanThomas said:
Founders Breakfast Stout
Ommegang Scythe and Sickle
Post Road Pumpkin Ale

My girlfriend bought tickets to a beer breakfast tomorrow featuring the following (be prepared to be jealous... I promise):

Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders KBS
Founders CBS

:cross:

She's a keeper, am I right?

Keeper! The breakfast must be at Founders? I'm on the mobile app so I can't see where you're from.

Just home from a business trip to Chicago and stopped by Binny's Beverage Depot for the first time to stock up on beers I never get to try. Started off with a St Bernarus Pater 6 in a goblet that was in the sampler pack I bought. I'd give the beer a "B"; good, but not on par with others of theirs I've tried.

Now moved on to a DFH 90 that I've never been able to find before...Oh yeah, now that's a damn fine beer!

Having a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild. Not really loving this beer so far, it's really catty and a little piney so there's definitely a good heap of Simcoe in it.

On deck is Rogue Chocolate Stout, Stone/Someone/Someone else More Brown Than Black IPA, and some Lagunitas New Dogtown.

Victory's Harvest Ale. Really good. Fresh wet hopped cascades.. definitely worth stopping by the brew pub if you are in the area

kybar said:
Firestone union jack ipa, and about to try WELLS banana bread beer

You did it in the wrong order ;) Wells Banana Bread beer isn't too bad but I don't think it's amazing. Union Jack on the other hand is amazing.

Just cracked open my first bottle of my cascade pale ale. It's very well balanced and the cascades aren't too overpowering. Oh, and it's my clearest batch yet (I can watch TV through it)!
I tried the Tank 7, and it's ok, not great. I don't know if I got a bad bottle, or what, but it's more like a fizzy wine than any beer I've had. I may put a couple of bottles in my bottle cabinet to age.

Today, two beers from McCall Brewing Company that were passable but nothing to write home about, Heretic Evil Twin, Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueuze, and Deschutes Obsidian Stout and Mirror Pond. Outside of the gueuze I can't get this stuff back home so enjoying vacation while I can.

Drank some 21st Amendment Back in Black, Full Sail's LTD 06, Fullers London Pride, Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, and some really, really good bourbon. I can't remember, something Bulleit. Not their rye whiskey, their normal bourbon.

These aren't in order. Pretty drunk. First day off in two weeks, and we're shooting from 3pm till 12am tomorrow; figured I'd go all out tonight. Not much of a weekend for me, just tonight.

Just finished my fourth bottle of my first "all-mine" recipe - a hopped-up amber with a bit of caramel. This one was disappointing at first, but after letting it age for about a month, it is incredible. I have some new ideas for my next attempt, but pretty happy with the way it turned out.

image-3813728560.jpg

Doesn't taste like a 8.8% beer.

mrgstiffler said:
That really is a special beer...

I'm really liking the pineyness and I'm guessing the mild funk in the aftertaste is from the Westmalle.

Just finished an Anchor Steam Beer. It's pretty good, but I'm not a big fan of that style. Next is a pale ale before I take a nap before work tonight. It's going to be a long night.

Back