The waiting game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azfalcon

Reaction score
Now I can understand why people have a pipeline once they begin. I started my brew on sunday so Im 5 days in...bubbling but slowly. I am craving some of this and cant wait to start a new batch once I swing this over to the secondary. Is it just me or is waiting the hardest part?

yep,waiting is the hardest part at first. get yourself some tasty craft brews to ease your suffering - and get right on that next batch :mug:

Check your pockets. Got a $20 in one of them? Did you check them all? Take that $20 and get another fermenter. Check the couch to find enough more to buy ingredients and start a new batch right away. Build up your supply while you wait.

ha i ended up buying a 2nd ale pail last night so i didn't have to wait to start the 2nd batch

thankfully the constraints of living in an apartment will keep me from buying too much gear (and ending up single)

LOL..I will get a 2nd fermenter eventually..til then I settled on a Sam Smith Winter Welcome Ale

I think that homebrewing has taught me more patience than anything else in my life. Trust - you will drink your early beer(s) too green; it will be ok, but no where nearly as good as what you will make later. It will take a little time to develop the patience to age properly and eventually multi-brew to support such patience.

I (most of us) brew and get to open/tap a brew from 6-8 weeks ago. That helps. Yes, I am excited about the current brew, but I am even more excited about the beer that I almost forgot about, but is now ready at the end of a brew-day. So - I turn impatience/excitement into immediate reward.

The first brew is the worst since there's nothing in the pipeline.

Just buy yourself some good beer with amber bottles...drink that instead of start delabeling and collecting bottles.

Back