Perlick faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon, Rite AV = $27.99 + $8.19 shipping = $36.18
Brewmasters warehouse $32.99 + $6.99 shipping = $39.98
Keg cowboy = $33.99 + $5.99 shipping = $38.99

OOH OOOH I know the answer!
Austin Homebrew $33.99 plus free shipping* for the win!!

Sorry if you paid too much.

Forrest

Forrest

Nice!! Good call!! Next time I'll check you out!!

Everybody here brews. They buy other supplies. We have free shipping on orders over $100.

The person that bought the faucet from Brewmasters Warehouse probably bought more than the faucet. Just an educated guess.

I realize that a lot of people do not include shipping charges when comparing prices. I recently had a customer shopping for 6 wine kits wanting me to match Midwest's prices. I told him I could match the total delivered price but that I would be charging him $60 extra dollars if I did match. You have to compare the total cost of the order to your door.

I also had one guy compare the price I had on a bulkhead/valve/nipple set up. He could get this piece at this store cheaper and the o-rings cheaper at McMaster-Carr, ball valve cheaper on ebay, etc. He didn't include that the homebrew store charged him shipping for one part, he had to buy 100 o-rings and pay shipping for that, and pay shipping for the ball valve. He didn't want to believe that he was spending a lot more.

Our average ticket for an internet order is approximately $100 so that is why I went for free shipping at $100. You can buy the faucet and other items you need, spending the amount you were going to spend and get free shipping. So, I thought it was a fair comparison. The other places people mentioned do not offer free shipping on any order.
We have the best deal.

The bread is cheaper at one grocery store. The peanut butter is cheaper at another and the jelly is really cheap at that store way across town. Don't forget about the gas used to go to all three stores.

Forrest

i never realized you had free shipping on orders of more than 100. is this new? i've been out of the game for a while since i bought a house and have been working like crazy to finish a new kitchen and bathroom so i can move in.

I buy most of my stuff from AHB because of the free shipping, i also try to buy some stuff from my LHBS to support them! Its hard to beat AHB!

Forrest

I'll admit I started with Keg Cowboy, had a great experience and stuck with them so I am bias but........I see a flaw in this argument.

Austin Homebrew has a great price on the Perlick faucets and also on the March pumps (sorry KC I will be buying one from them soon but I will be back) , I think they are the lowest or the second lowest price I have found on these items.

As we find out later in the thread is that you would have to buy another $75 worth of stuff to get the free shipping on the creamer faucet.

Here's the problem that other $75 worth of stuff is going to cost more from Austin Homebrew than Keg Cowboy.

KegCowboy : 5# CO2 $54, Perlick Creamer faucet $33.99, Dual SS Tower $99 , shipping $15 = $202
Austin HB: 5# CO2 $79, Perlick Creamer faucet $33.99, Dual SS Tower $154 , shipping $0 = $267

Or

KegCowboy : Dual faucet HB Kit with kegs $233, add 5# CO2 $54, Add creamer faucets $42, shipping $21 = $350
Austin HB: : Dual faucet HB Kit with kegs $306, add 5# CO2 $79, Add creamer faucets $68, shipping $0 = $453

These are things I just added at random on equipment Keg Cowboy beats them and others hands down everytime. I think if try both carts (with items that you select at random) you will get similar results.

I just bought four, 525ss Perlicks AND two cheap plastic tap handles (the $2 each ones) from farmhousebrewingsupply.com and my order ended up being $104.12 (which included shipping).

I love Forrest and I spend a crap-ton of money at AHS, but on the 525ss faucets, you really can't beat farmhouse brewing supply.

I just bought four, 525ss Perlicks AND two cheap plastic tap handles (the $2 each ones) from farmhousebrewingsupply.com and my order ended up being $104.12 (which included shipping).

I love Forrest and I spend a crap-ton of money at AHS, but on the 525ss faucets, you really can't beat farmhouse brewing supply.

Austin Homebrew has a sale on the Perlick 525s for $23 pretty often and if you added the cheap taphandles you would break the $100 mark to get free shipping you might actually be able to get them less (by a dollar) than farmhouse brewing. The thread is actually talking about a different faucet, the Perlick 575 creamer faucet, but I see farmhouse has a good price on that too at $29.

I guess if you are only buying faucets check out farmhouse or austin homebrew when they are having a sale.... if you are buying a wide variety of equipment then I would recommend keg cowboy.

Forrest

Actually, using the information above if you were buying a single faucet as shown in the illustration above......Amazon, Bremaster, and KegCowboy would all be cheaper than Austin Homebrew because you would have to pay $7.99 flat rate shipping. As you said free shipping doesn't kick in until you hit $100 so the illustration above is misleading in nature.

You would have to buy three faucets for Austinhomebrew to be the cheapest and it looks like that if you go outside of faucets they lose their competive pricing completely when compared to some of the others.

Austin Sale:

Sale end January 31st 2011.

525SS - $29.99 -sale- $22.99
575SS - $33.99 - sale- $28.99

Austin Sale:

Sale end January 31st 2011.

525SS - $29.99 -sale- $22.99
575SS - $33.99 - sale- $28.99

I just saw that email and I am pissed. . . I ordered a co2 distributor this morning and looked at perlicks, hoping to order them at the same time and get free shipping. They were still $29.99, so I passed. I'm kicking myself now. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get them. I'm just out the shipping on the first order. (Luckily it was only $7.99) Damn you Forrest and your weekly special!!!!;)

Buy from a homebrew store. Squabbling about saving a dollar here or there means nothing after you have bought it. I don't regret homebrew or tool purchases.

I'm even more pissed, i just ordered 4 yesterday afternoon from austin at 29.95 per piece, he must have started the sale after he got my order just to spite me!

I realized I left nothing in there to indicate my joking level, but it does make me mad, cause I feel he dropped those prices just to show he had the lowest prices because of this thread (which is what caused me to just pull the trigger.) and then less than 12 hrs later there is a sale! :mad:

I'm even more pissed, i just ordered 4 yesterday afternoon from austin at 29.95 per piece, he must have started the sale after he got my order just to spite me!

contact them and see if he will credit you the difference. I know they do this at stores all the time when sale prices hit so close to your purchase date... Worth a shot i guess.

Back