BeerSmith Question - Is trial version any different than purchased version?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamuraiSquirrel

Reaction score
I was thinking about paying the 20 bucks for beer smith now that my trial is up. I don't have many complaints about it and it is a pretty handy tool for a whopping 20 bucks.

The only thing I noticed is that the options for ingredients seems very basic & a little dated. Is there a way to update or expand the ingredients list without manually adding items yourself?

I wondered if maybe it was just because I was using the trial version.

I think it's the same. Make sure you use the "updates" feature in the program, because you may not have the latest version. Mine even has the option for "late extract addition".

My understanding (could be wrong!) is that the only difference between the paid version and the trial version is the ability to save/store recipes.

Do you know how many downloads you get if you purchase? Can you install on more than 1 machine?

I think three- but I'm not sure. I've never installed it on my other computers. But, you know, I should! I should put it on my laptop, too, then I could pull up the recipe outside when I'm brewing.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I brew with some friends and we brew at a couple of different places so three installs would be perfect.

I can probably find this info on the beer smith site. It is just so much easier to post a question on here lol.

......... From beer smith site

"Once your key arrives by email, enter it into BeerSmith to permanently register. You can use one key for personal use on up to two of your computers."

I love it, and am 99% sure its the same as the demo. I used all the days on the demo before buying it. A very smart investment and tool for keeping notes on your brew day! I recently switched all my computers to linux-ubuntu and it works fine thru WINE.

I've installed on my flash drive and can use it wherever I am. I use it sometimes on my desktop at home, and usually on my laptop while brewing, and sometimes even on my computer at work! (Shhh!)

And I don't think there is any difference between the trial and full versions. Just update as needed of course.

Back