Boiler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam's Apples

Reaction score
I'm considering getting an outdoor stove to boil my wort on as now I'm all-grain, my plastic boiler with a heating element in is struggling to get a good boil going for the larger volumes im now using.

I have seen a couple and I can get a good deal on one thats 30030 BTU. I have no idea if this BTU will be enough to boil 6-7 gallons in good time and boi off the 1.5 2 gallons needed in 60 mins ish.

Any ideas anyone? What BTU do you guys use?

Cheers

I'm not sure about the BTU number, seems like it could possibly maybe be enough, perhaps. You could get a cheap turkey fryer kit though. You can find them pretty easily right now, they're pretty cheap, and they put out plenty of heat to boil your wort.

I'm not sure about the BTU number, seems like it could possibly maybe be enough, perhaps. You could get a cheap turkey fryer kit though. You can find them pretty easily right now, they're pretty cheap, and they put out plenty of heat to boil your wort.

I've looked, but I'm in the UK and they don't seem to be available here. If I typde turkey fryer in Ebay or even google, I get loadsa results for USA only.

Back