Yeast Substitutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbreen01

Reaction score
Where can I find a cross reference that shows similar yeasts aross different brands? i.e. Wyeast to White Labs substitution; or a dry yeast to Wyeast.
I know that I've see a table somewhere that gives a rough idea of possible substitution ideas. It would even be helpful to have same brand substitutions; I've been to the LHBS several times and have had to select a different yeast strain based on their supply at the time. Thanks for your help.

Marc.

I haven't seen a cross reference chart persee, here is a handy guide to many of the yeast strains available. Perhaps digging deeper into the matrix will yield some answers for you. I don't think it is as easy matter as choosing the red pill or the blue pill. :p Look for something that closely resembles the style you are making.

Exactly what I was looking for; thanks guys! How long do you think it took Kris England to put that list together? Nice!
:mug:
Marc.

Back