Homebrewery Plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sweet...but extremely ambitious and expensive. Those pressure transducers and pH sensors are $300 each, and the solenoid valves are $169. With 17 valves in the design, that's over $3,000 in valves and sensors alone! Stepper motors for stirring??? How about some sturdy gear motors...?

That system will make a complete Sabco system look like a bargain that everyone should be able to afford. Looks good on paper but i'm not in the market to put a brewhouse out of business anytime soon. Only one small items
needed, MUNY.

I looked up the vent hood - over $2,000

Sabco and a boxfan - here I come!

This is right up there with the $20,000 turntable (cartridge and tonearm extra !)

Yeah, all that, and weldless fittings ? ?:confused:

I bet at the end of the day, my system will produce the same quality beer at would will likely be considered a "rounding error" in this project !

Man, if I had money to burn...maybe. But then again, if I had the kind of money this guy is burning layin around, I'd just get a pro setup. Fukk it, go big or go home, right? I just can't see any justification for dropping that much cash to make your life easier, unless A) you had cash laying around collecting dust, or B) you were going into business selling beer.

I agree ... a bit of the lunatic fringe

Like the hamburgers I served one summer using a simple grate over an open fire ...

I defy anyone with one of those $$$$ SS gas rigs to grill better burgers ...

I agree ... a bit of the lunatic fringe

Like the hamburgers I served one summer using a simple grate over an open fire ...

I defy anyone with one of those $$$$ SS gas rigs to grill better burgers ...

Fukkin-A right. 95% of the quality of beer is in the fermentation temps and pitching rates/yeast health. The other 5% is in the ingredients. You can spend $50k on a setup like that and all it does is make brewday easier and allow you to brew bigger batches. You're still a slave to your masters, the yeast. If they're not happy, beer's not good. All that money sunk into the mash/boil process, yet I see nothing in those plans about fermentation temperature control.

For all the money spent, I don't understand why the designer or whoever wouldn't simply buy and have installed a nice 2bbl brewery, like this one for $15,000, with 4 fermenters.

There's so much piping in the system as laid out, I think it would be a challenge to get sanitized with anything short of pro-grade cleaners and sanitizers. Also, why in the HELL would you build a brewery with tile floors that can be hosed off, then panel the walls? Do you want to be able to hose the brewery out or not?

Wow! Smart and rich. To pull that off on your own you have to be a programmer, instrument technician, pipe fighter and engineer (not the kind that gets to drive the train).
All these nay sayers are just jealous, hell I'm jealous. Go for it. When you're done, fly us all out to see this thing of wonder.
Keep us updated on the progress.

Like Jay Leno said a couple times he's "the president of more money than brains club" speaking about the car collection he has. When he sees a must have item that is rare or a one off custom hand built vehicle he will own it.
It must be nice, I can have one after the divorce and use one tank as my bedroom while living in a Public Storage area.

Back