Aging Jamil's Recipes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay29

Reaction score
I have brewed Jamil's Brown Porter and English IPA in his Brewing Classic Styles book. How long should I wait before I start in on them?

After bottling? I'd start on the IPA after 3 weeks in the bottle (in some cases earlier, but that's mostly because I love fresh hop aroma more than I do conditioned beer), and probably give the porter a try at the same time.

I keg everything. Three weeks after kegging?

I've made a few of those recipes. Other than the really strong beers and the lagers I would say drink them up as soon as they are carbonated.

If your talking fermentation, I always give them at least 2-3 weeks in the fermenter, but I know lots of people who bottle or keg after only a week for smaller beers.

I just kegged the mild recipe. It has been a week and not carbed yet and was a little green. It already has good taste. Hoping my patience holds out for 2 more it should be perfect.

Back