bewers best india black ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
i tried one of these tat my friend made and it was great. does anyone have an all grain recipe for it? i know the kit ingredients but eally don't know how to convet the steeping grains and different types of lme and dme to grains. i could try it in beer calculus but thought someone may have a tried and true recipe to share

Steeping grains will be the same. Post the kit ingredients and we'll try to help.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16533750"]http://vimeo.com/16533750[/ame]
here is a viseo of my friend at the brew shop going through the ingredients...I iwll write em all out and post em later...thanks

OK Finally got to see what was in here
Steeping grains are
1/2 lb of crystal 80
1/2 lb of victory
4oz of chocolate malt
2 oz of Breiss crushed midnight wheat

EXTRACTS
3.3lbs of special dark liquid
3.3 lbs sparkling amber liquid
1lb dry amber extract
HOPS
1oz warrior for bittering
.5 oz simcoe for flavoring
.5 oz simcoe for aroma
2 oz cascade dry hop
YEAST
US-05

I have this in the secondary now. Day 9. Still a little hop on top. Going to give it another couple days and see. But thinking of waiting another week before bottling. Any suggestions? This is my first brew by the. Just a beginner

Yes. I added dry hops day I racked to secondary. On closer inspection after posting there is still fermenting going on. And although rare I did see the airlock bubble once. All my og and fg readings have been right on. I would say the layer on top is close to an eighth of an inch. All the rest has settled to the bottom of the carboy

This is an update ohiosteve. I called the lhb where I got the kit. They said there would be no problem letting it sit for another week. But he did recommend racking to another carboy to take it off the trub before bottling. Any thoughts pro or con from anyone is welcome. My plan is to take a pic of what I got and stop by the shop seeing as how I need some supplies anyway

Update again. Racked to second carboy at brew recommendation. Gravity was good. Beer smelled and tasted good so far. Glad I got it off the trub. And have me a chance to practice racking some more

Back