What would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehedge20

Reaction score
So I brewed a 10 Gal batch of American Amber Ale and a few things went unplanned that day for a number of reasons. The short of it is I only had an efficiency of 63% with an O.G. of 1.048 and a F.G. of 1.020 for an ABV of about 3.5%. I racked the beer after the fermentation had stopped (about 2 and a half weeks) and let it sit for a week. Now I have it in a cooler for a cold crash as not everything has settles out and the fermentation has stopped. The beer tastes okay but I feel that it could ferment some more. So I could either bottle it as is and have a lawnmower beer or I could add lager yeast and DME and let it sit for 2 months to finish out and clear up (hopefully). So what would you do?

Hmm.

Matters how much HB you have on hand already. If you can wait, wait, if not then just drink it.

For me its getting to the point where there are few non HBs I enjoy so I'd probably just drink it.

I have enough! This is more of an experiment I suppose. I think I will bottle half and lager the rest just to see the difference. Although I am barley in the bottling range and worry about them exploding if fermentation picks back up.

Latest posts

Back