Bottled my first mead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyQuil_Driver

Reaction score
Bottled a 2-gallon batch of Ancient Orange mead yesterday. It already tastes good. Very tart, since I used some very berry-tasting blood oranges, so it's not super-sweet like some meads can be (in my experience).

Here's my motley assortment of bottles. The middle one is clear glass, so you can get an idea for the color:
4556014209_eec1e4250b.jpg

I dropped the whole story on my brewing blog.

I just drank some of my variation on Joe's recipe this weekend. Good stuff. The color looks right, and nice and clear too.

Resist the urge to drink any for 6 months though. it definitely improves.

Very nice looking batch. All of mine are tucked away in my basement. The blog idea is a good one, nice pictures.

Malkore: No kidding. Everything I heard about Ancient Orange was "decent fast, doesn't really age". Good to know.

Laura: Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm amazed that such a goofy-simple recipe came out so well.

As for the blog, it really wasn't too much of a stretch. I'd been dumping (or chronicling, depending on your disposition) everything on LiveJournal. I just figured it would be good to separate all the brew stuff from all the personal junk.

I'm just bad at preserving notebooks, so I figure it should all go online:)

Back