Darn Germs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofpig

Reaction score
I was all psyched up and ready to start my second home brew ever this weekend (an Irish stout kit from True Brew). And now... I'm sick. Probably wouldn't do any good to sanitize my equipment if I'm just going to sneeze and cough all over it.

Stupid germs... *shakes fist*

masksnmore_1986_22914359.jpg

You can still brew while sick. Human viruses and bacteria aren't likely to infect beer, and anyway if you have proper sanitation that will by far overwhelm any germs that are in the air.
As long as you're not so sick that you're too tired to brew, I would still do it. Brewing could even be therapeutic! The hot, hoppy steam might act as a decongestant, in the same way that herbal tea can sometimes do that.

+1 for brewing. If 60 minutes of steam doesn't cure you, at least you'll have beer.

I mulled it over and was very close to doing it, but I think I'm going to use the time to rest up. My beer adventure will have to wait.

I've heard that H1N1 loves the beer and loves to live in it. That's how it's spread. Swear to God I heard it on the news so you know it's true. :fro:

99.9% chance you have a viral infection, and that will not affect your beer in any way.

Back