crash cooling alternative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmanj

Reaction score
i am brewing in several 6.5 gallon plastic fermentors and was wondering if there was a way for me to crash cool my brew before bottling. i do not have a fridge suitable for the bucket and i also bottle and have no kegging equipment. could i put the whole bucket in a large bin of ice water for a couple days? does anyone else crash cool in this sort of way or have a suggestion?

Oh, come on, man!!! You're in Michigan...put Mother Nature to work for you. Set it outside the back door overnight like I do. It got down into the 50s last night in IL...:D

I put 2 batches outside last night so the dry hops could fall out before racking, the other is a primary. ;)

i would love to take advantage of the surrounding but im in a college apartment with no balcony. ideally a fridge would work best for me but im broke as ****

ok, open the windows to your apartment, and sleep over at your woman's place. :D

-OCD

i would love to take advantage of the surrounding but im in a college apartment with no balcony. ideally a fridge would work best for me but im broke as ****
Man, some of the lame excuses you guys come up with...;) j/k Just so you know, "Rhetoric" is not a major...;)

What about outside the building in back/in the bushes? Just leave a note "DO NOT DISTURB...GROUP FUNGAL (that's the yeast part) CHEMISTRY PROJECT IN PROCESS...:D

Man, some of the lame excuses you guys come up with...;) j/k Just so you know, "Rhetoric" is not a major...;)

What about outside the building in back/in the bushes? Just leave a note "DO NOT DISTURB...GROUP FUNGAL (that's the yeast part) CHEMISTRY PROJECT IN PROCESS...:D

I wouldnt risk leaving beer at the hand of college students just to crash cool. When I was in college if I walked by an ale pale regardless of what it was labeled I probably would have pissed in it. Unless it was labeled beer then I would have drank it.

Back