Love Joy's in Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
I went to down town with a friend of mine tonight. We went to the only brewpub in downtown Austin. It is just north of sixth street on Nueces, if you know the city. They had three of their beers on tap, a honey beer, an IPA and a Mocha Stout. I liked the IPA and the stout, the Honey wasnt terrible, but the thing that killed it for all of the house beers is a definite lack of carbonation. None of these beers had any head, and they all tasted flat.

Fortunately, they have an excellent selection of commercial brews. My buddy had a Boddingtons, and we both had Delirium Tremens (Damn that is some good beer!)

After Love Joy's we went to The Ginger Man on West 4th. Great selection, but way way way over priced. Im talking about $6.75 for 8oz. of St. Bernardus. It was great beer but come on. To make up for it we both have new (for us) 8 oz. commemorative glasses.

Has anyone been to Love Joys? It is right on my way home,and it would be great if they had better beers.

- magno

I've been there a few times.

Have you been to North by Northwest? They have some amazing beers esp. their Bavarian Hefeweizen.

No I havent been there. I saw their booth at a festival few weeks ago, but the festival was sponsered by budwieser so they only had food. I'll have to try to get up there sometime.

- magno

Back