I'm druk can I brag a little bit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Thread Killer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If i can, I got this message from an x-brewer who is a major league beer hound. He & his SWMBO went to Germany on a beer trip several years ago.. just to try new brews.

and I quote:

"I have tried two so far, an imperial stout and a chocolate stout.

My hat is off to the Brewmaster!! "

He added an emoticon of thumbs up that filled my email screen.

*pats myself on the back*

Lets get this one up to 1K too guys...

Sweet!

My brother-in-law lives in Marion and I've been trying to wean him off B/C/M beer -- he's coming around, I think.

When he was up in Boston over the summer we took him to Hungry Mother restaurant in Cambridge, great food!

huh? who? where? Hungry Mother Restruant in Cambridge? Wow, I didn't know we had an Ivy League pedigree.

I have a step-sister in Baltimore. Thats my ony claim to New England.

Let me know if I can help with the wean off of BMC.

Yeah,ummm....Baltimore is in Maryland, which is not New England, we dont extend that far south or west (sorry VT'r pride)

but...ummm...yeah, Im just trying for 1k as well...gotta do what I can!

Laurel? Where the love? c'mon.

The Baltimore comment was a complete joke. Lighten up folks. I was saying that its cool that somebody knows somebody else in my home-town, however far displaced. I wasnt saying baltimore was in new england. I was saying baltimore is my closest tie to new england, not baltimore is IN new england.

Land of lobsters, big cities & funny accents? I'll keep my dirt roads, cows & moonshine.

right... we have the accents... unless your from boston, backwoods of Maine, New York City or Marlboro mass... its all very normal... english that is... just shooting for 1k

For what its worth, I got it. :rockin:

The guy who started the Hungry Mother restaurant is originally from Abingdon. They have an enormous picture of the park's snack bar up on the wall. We may have been the only people at the restaurant ever to actually have gone to it.

Laurel? Where the love? c'mon.

The Baltimore comment was a complete joke. Lighten up folks. I was saying that its cool that somebody knows somebody else in my home-town, however far displaced. I wasnt saying baltimore was in new england. I was saying baltimore is my closest tie to new england, not baltimore is IN new england.

Land of lobsters, big cities & funny accents? I'll keep my dirt roads, cows & moonshine.

Lets get this one up to 1K too guys...

Congrats on the thumbs up. :D

If you want a thousand replies out of this puppy though, you'll have to post some random crap about something that nobody cares about and hope that Shecky finds the thread.

A good thread-building gimmick might be to do something different like invent a new word.

My new word for the day is "Beerecile" It means to act line an imbecile by missing your mouth when you try to drink your beer.

Jsullivan,

the world is getting smaller. My baby cousin (who just turned 20) used to work at that very snack bar.

ok ok, back to brewing.

Back