need your yeast advice video included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eluna

Reaction score
So this is my Unknown dark brew and just had a taste and its pretty damn good but did not get to the Gravity i wanted it to be at around 1.020 but its at 1.030 right now from a OG of 1.095 but its not that important since i wasnt expecting full fermentation from a ale yeast so these are my questions.

Yeast:Windsor Danstar
Temp:66F held throughout Fermentation

Q#1:Would it be harmful to my yeast to leave it longer than a week in the primary due to ABV levels of 8-9% possibly killing off yeast before bottling?
If yes
Q#1A:Could i add any nutrients or energizers that could extend the life of my yeast this late in the fermentation?
If No
Q#1B:Would a Secondary be of any extra risk of Yeast Death

Video Questions

#1C Is the yeast still Chugging?
#2D Will the yeast be able to clean up Diactles and other off flavor producers even if it does not effect Gravity?
#3E Pitching Wine yeast a good Idea Or Completely unnecessary?
#4F Am i over thinking everything and everything is going along perfectly?:mug:

Can be played on youtube in HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Q#1:Would it be harmful to my yeast to leave it longer than a week in the primary due to ABV levels of 8-9% possibly killing off yeast before bottling?
If yes NO! Most people in here leave their beer on the yeast for 3 weeks before bottling/kegging
If No
No, but unless your going to age the beer 1+ months then secondary isnt needed. If you are going to age, then you really want your fermentation to be done before doing a secondary

Raise the temp to 70F swirl the fermenter and leave it for another week. Take a reading after that week and report back.

If yes NO! Most people in here leave their beer on the yeast for 3 weeks before bottling/kegging
If No
No, but unless your going to age the beer 1+ months then secondary isnt needed. If you are going to age, then you really want your fermentation to be done before doing a secondary

cool cool thanks for the Info

Raise the temp to 70F swirl the fermenter and leave it for another week. Take a reading after that week and report back.

kk will do thanks for catching the post earlier i will swirl and Set the Calender for 1 week and raise temp

Back