Bottle conditioning temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillTheSlink

Reaction score
I know we're supposed to do it at 70, but I have no way of controlling the temps, as I am too pressed for space in the only air conditioned room which is where I am now fermenting. The best I can do is seal them back up in their cardboard cases and put them in the basement. It is a few degrees below outside temperature down there, but only maybe three or four. I am also pressed for space in this area so I can't get any type of chest right now. Is this going to be a major problem? I am only doing ales of course, until I get some stuff cleared away, my reloading stuff moved, and get some time/money/decide I really want to do this long term.

Bill

As long as you're not subjecting it to extreme heat, it'll be fine. Off flavors from temperatures develop in primary during fermentation.

If you can keep them under 90F they'll be fine.

As long as you're not subjecting it to extreme heat, it'll be fine. Off flavors from temperatures develop in primary during fermentation.

If you can keep them under 90F they'll be fine.

Yup, this hit the nail right on the head. Shy away from the extremes and you will be fine.

+1, I tend to ferment at optimum temperatures, but as soon as I keg/bottle, they are outside my chiller at house temperatures that range from 75-85.

Latest posts

Back