TAP-A-DRAFT: first impression...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the thought limulus :)

According to the manufacturers it is vegetable oil that was used to ease things together during the initial assembly and is nothing to worry about. They say it should clean off with alcohol followed by a bit of warm water.
This didn't work though, at all, so I ended up mixing some baking soda in water and using an old toothbrush to get it clean. Took 45 minutes to scrub it all out as it was so sticky.

For the popped out bottles, I filled them with water, adding 3 tsp of baking soda and then 2 tsp of citric acid before quickly shutting the lid on; created enough gas to lightly pressurise and almost un-pop out 3 of the 4 bottles. At the same time I noticed that when under pressure the feet don't compress in when you leave it horizontally, so I don't have to worry about that either. Looks like I'll be bottling with them tomorrow :)

Back