Hurtin rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokems

Reaction score
I planted back in april 3 different style of hop rhizomes. The Wiliamette is growing great and looks to continue on. The cascade and chinook havent even broke ground. Are they dead or what? They are in very large pots with miracle gro garden soil and covered with mulch. Any clues:confused:?

Unless you are having a really cold Spring, I'd say the other two aren't going to pop. Have you tried removing the mulch and letting the ground warm up?

One of my Cascade Rhizomes that i planted in Late April just broke ground a couple days ago. It was the last one to break ground of the five rhizomes i planted. The fuggles rhizome i planted at the same time just broke ground less then a week ago also. I wouldn't totally give up on them yet. I dont plan on getting much if any harvest from them this year but have high hopes for next summer!

+1 gently caox the soil away from the rhisome and check to make sure it hasn't succumb to root rot. If it has, it'll be black and have a spongy, springiness to it when you press it between your fingers.

If it looks/feels like that, it's gone.

Back