Central NJ here too

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmuda44

Reaction score
Just posted in another welcome thread, and sort of introduced myself, but here is mine.

I'm from Belle Mead, NJ. I've been into drinking craft beer for a couple of years, and finally decided to start making my own. Our apt complex doesn't allow us to have any propane burners outside, so I am stuck boiling on my stove. I'm only doing extract with specialty grains, etc. right now, but definitely plan to go with the cooler mash tun soon.

I've been reading some posts on here quite frequently, so figured I would join.

One of the guys in my club lives in a condo and does all grain on the stovetop in the kitchen. Doable? He won home brewer of the year for 2008 which requires placing in quite a few competitions.

One of the guys in my club lives in a condo and does all grain on the stovetop in the kitchen. Doable? He won home brewer of the year for 2008 which requires placing in quite a few competitions.

Bobby M, thanks for the reply.

(in response to your post in the other thread)

I've heard of WHALES, first from the beer at JJ Bittings and then after searching around a little bit when I started doing this. I will have to check it out soon.

As far as doing all grain and boiling on the stovetop, does he boil all five gallons in one pot? I definitely want to get into, I just didn't think I could boil all 5 gallons in one pot. However, I don't think there would be a difference if i split them into 2 pots, but I'm not sure. I actually have a few friends in Piscataway that I am trying to get into it as well. One off of River Road and one on Metlars.

I live off of River Rd also.

He does full 6.5 gallon boils on the stove in one pot, but he puts a large pot across two electric elements to do so. Splitting the boil between two pots is not a problem.

Back