Best Starter Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has come up in another thread, but I sure couldn't find it:

What are the best kits out there for a first-time brewer. Poking around on Amazon, I've found a couple that look good:

Coopers Brewery Micro Brewery Kit
Home Beer Brewing Equipment Kit with Scots Brown Ale from The Home Brewery
Starter Home Brewery With Organic 7 Bridges Red Ale Ingredients by Seven Bridges Cooperative

Has anybody out there used these? Are they any good? Any other kits you suggest?

Thanks

"I could never sleep my way to the top/'Cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up"

If you have a brewing supply near you I would visit them so you can see what they have.

Any of the kits made by the leading brewing suppliers are good if they are fresh kits that have not been sitting around in a warehouse. Looking online will give you a good idea of what is available and what a starter kit has in it. Search for "Brewing Supply" on Google for the major suppliers.

The coopers kit was a nice buy for me, really nice fermenter and it comes with a free batch, bottles and all equipment.

Looking back though... it might've been worth spending a bit more to get a kit from AHS or something.

Latest posts

Back