Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, sorry for sending your Eagles to the showers. Boy they were a night and day different team than the one that shellacked us Monday night a few months ago.
Typical Philly style. Do good until it counts. Then choke on it. Hard.

Hope the Eagles are taking one for the team so the Flyers don’t have to fill that roll this season.

Oh the licker. Bruins, always the victims. LOL.

"Do you even hockey, bro'?" 😁

We're at the half-way break and it's the Killer Bees on top :rock:

1706420098215.png

Bruins don't play again until February 6th! I'm gonna be jonesing way before then :oops:

Cheers!

Rangers announced that Chytil is done for the season after falling and hitting his head on the ice trying to return from a long concussion recovery. The hope is that he can return to hockey next year, but obviously, his health is the greater concern.
Loved his play as he was part of that kid line with Kakko and LaFranier).

So Rangers now have $5.8 million in cap space and need to replace two centers for the second half. The other question is at goalie and what is wrong with Igor. - He's been mid-league numbers all year, and is the worst goalie in saves avg when down by two goals. With their big lead widdled down to just 2pts, time is running out for him to get to playoff form. At least Quick has been playing like his younger version posting a top five GAA. But, I don't know if he's got the legs to make a Cup Run. I think the days of taking risks knowing a great goalie can come up big is behind them and they will need to find a way to handle transition to defense when they are 5 on 5.

Flyers looking good after all star break. Still plenty of season for them to disappoint, but I’m feeling optimistic, which they have given very little reason for the past few seasons. Hoping they stay on track and make the playoffs. Not expecting a lot if they do, but they definitely look better this season than the past 2-3. I think at this point goaltending will be the major issue. Errson looks good, but how long can he stand on his head.

Otoh, my Bruins went into their break leading the league in points but the almost two weeks off did not serve them well. First game back was a total "meh" job vs Calgary, then they shut out the Canucks, then were no-shows vs the Caps. They need to get their poopy together quickly while they still have four more games at home in this stretch...

Yeah I think the Caps are trying to prove something to themselves if not anyone else. Went to OT vs Vancouver today but lost.

But yeah I agree nobody can afford to let too many games slide by this season without major repercussions in the standings. It won’t take many losses to go from the top to not.

Otoh, my Bruins went into their break leading the league in points but the almost two weeks off did not serve them well. First game back was a total "meh" job vs Calgary, then they shut out the Canucks, then were no-shows vs the Caps. They need to get their poopy together quickly while they still have four more games at home in this stretch...

Rangers are in a bad funk. There are way too many defensive lapses, and Igor is giving up easy goals on the high side of the glove hand. Has the NHL discovered his kryptonite? And yet they are eeeking out wins. The Rangers and Bruins are not looking as sure things anymore as the Panthers and Hurricane are making a strong case that they are the teams to beat.

It's a big wildcard race in the East, but none of those teams seem to be emerging as a legitimate playoff threat. Isles seem to play up to a tie and lose it in OT. A point for a tie is useless post-season.

Out West, Vegas, Dallas and Colorado don't worry me. Vancouver and Edmonton on the other hand. .....

Still a lot of hockey left for the Bruins and Rangers to get playoff ready. Rangers have a lot of work to get done by March 8th trade deadline to replenish their lines. I would have expected them to pick up a veteran defenseman or a solid checker, but season-ending injuries have changed their priorities. They did a great job re-building picking up young talent but I think they are between a rock and a hard place with a legitimate chance at the cup but needing to trade some future for proven veterens now to close those gaping defensive holes and injured forwards.

Latest posts

Back