Question re taking out of fridge if not enough carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
I just made my first batch of homemade soda (Gnome root beer). I did not let it ferment enough before freezing and then putting in the fridge.

Can I take it out of the fridge to let it ferment a little bit more and then put in the fridge again? They are still capped (obviously) in 12 oz glass bottles. I used Red Star Champagne yeast.

Thanks for your help. This site has been super helpful and welcoming so far.

--Doug

I have been reading beer brewers posts and it sounds like they do warm yeast up to get it active again.

I am a novice when it comes to rootbeer, too, but since that principle does work with yeast in bread, it seems to me it ought to work with rootbeer? At the very least, you shouldn't be worse off.

Best wishes!

I've tried taking sodas out of the fridge to get more carbonation and it seems to work well with no bad effects.

I only bottled soda once or twice, but to make sure it had adequate carbonation develop before I cooled them I bottled one or two in pet bottles so I could feel how much pressure had built up, doesnt help much this time but could solve your problem next time

Back