• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Got free bottles to give away? Post 'em here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free: a dozen or so cases of wine bottles, no screw tops. Some cleaned, some not, but hey, they are free! Mostly 750ml but a few 1.5L bottles too. Need them out of the basement. I'll give it a week or so then they will meet the dumpster. PM for the address, and to make pickup arrangements. SW side of Denver.

im running out of bottles!!! i have around 200 filled and enough empties for another batch thats almost done fermenting but i dont know where im gona put 10gal of saison im doing on friday and then ipa next weekend so please if you have bottles to give away i will be more than happy to take it out of your hands.
Chicago and south/west suburbs il

Polboy said:
im running out of bottles!!! i have around 200 filled and enough empties for another batch thats almost done fermenting but i dont know where im gona put 10gal of saison im doing on friday and then ipa next weekend so please if you have bottles to give away i will be more than happy to take it out of your hands.
Chicago and south/west suburbs il

PM sent.

Free: a dozen or so cases of wine bottles, no screw tops. Some cleaned, some not, but hey, they are free! Mostly 750ml but a few 1.5L bottles too. Need them out of the basement. I'll give it a week or so then they will meet the dumpster. PM for the address, and to make pickup arrangements. SW side of Denver.

Gone...thx!

Looking for bombers and unique bottles in Columbus, GA.

If I don't bottle my beer in them, I drink out of them!

IMAG0267.jpg

mikeysab said:
Is that a bomber you turned into a drinking glass? Great, all I need is another project.

I've heard it's possible with a string, lighter fluid, and cold water. The thermal shock cracks the glass where the string was wrapped. There is also a tool made just for cutting bottles like that.

jeepinjeepin said:
I've heard it's possible with a string, lighter fluid, and cold water. The thermal shock cracks the glass where the string was wrapped. There is also a tool made just for cutting bottles like that.

That leaves a fairly jagged edge. I mounted 4 small rollers to a piece of plywood, bought a small glass etcher/cutter at home dept that I fixed in place to the board and use the wheels to roll the bottle along the cutter blade in a perfect circumference. (think the rollers for hot dogs in a 7-11).

Then boil water, and pour it gently along the score line, then alternate with cold water, back to hot...eventually they just separate with a perfectly clean edge.

Pretty much what rifraf said. I boiled some water and had a bucket of ice water next to my kettle. Dip in Hot for 5 sec., dip in cold for 5 sec., dip in hot for 5 sec. and POP!

Then I smoothed the edges with 60 grit sandpaper and polished with 120 grit. Too easy.

I have about 12 twelve packs of 12 oz bottles. Clean with labels still on and in the boxes. North Center neighborhood of Chicago. Pm for pickup in the next week. Thanks

I have about 2 cases of clean 12 oz bottles with labels removed, all commercial bottles. In the Fells Point area of Baltimore. PM for pickup in the next week

if anyone has any bottles and is willing to ship them i can pay for the shipping, PM me if you're interested'
I'm located in Temecula, CA just north of san diego

I have 14 cases of 12 bottles cleaned and in boxes in my garage. They're about to hit the recycling bin. I'm moving. I'm in Tacoma, Washington.

I GAVE away my bottles, Now I need 100 for my sisters wedding...... Anyone in Central Virginia have any?

mrrrkva said:
I GAVE away my bottles, Now I need 100 for my sisters wedding...... Anyone in Central Virginia have any?

I have 50 or so in Winston, NC. depending on where in Central VA you are buying bottles would be cheaper than gas and time though.

I have around 60 bottles for free in Columbus OH. I am located near west campus. PM if you want them

wahmbush said:
I have about 12 twelve packs of 12 oz bottles. Clean with labels still on and in the boxes. North Center neighborhood of Chicago. Pm for pickup in the next week. Thanks

All gone. Thanks

I have 14 cases of 12 bottles cleaned and in boxes in my garage. They're about to hit the recycling bin. I'm moving. I'm in Tacoma, Washington.

Awww man! My car just had engine failure, and I am in Port Orchard but I have no way to get them. I am in serious need of bottles. What area of Tacoma are you in? Maybe I can see if someone I know that works in Tacoma can pick them up, or get a friend to drive me there. Don't recycle them yet! :)

Still have a couple of cases of clean bottles with labels on the north side of Chicago (Edgewater neighborhood). I will be putting them I'm the recycling bin next week if no interest.

Oaklyn, NJ (Camden/Philadelphia area) - My girlfriend and I are moving to the homebrew wasteland of Alabama, and have over 7 cases of delabeled, rinsed, and mostly clean bottles to give away. They must be picked up by Wednesday 6/20. First person to PM me can have them all.

David and Erica

I got some empty wood 12 and 22 ounces beer bottles that needs to be fill. I am located in central mass. Pm me if u got any bottles.

I have a few dozen cases of bottles that I'm ready to toss. All have been rinsed and still have labels. They were displayed on shelving before I got married. One week until they are sent to recycling, longer if anyone shows interest. Free...just come and get them. Would prefer to give them all, so bring a truck. Probably at least 25 cases, all types, bombers too. Atlanta area.

Oaklyn, NJ (Camden/Philadelphia area) - My girlfriend and I are moving to the homebrew wasteland of Alabama, and have over 7 cases of delabeled, rinsed, and mostly clean bottles to give away. They must be picked up by Wednesday 6/20. First person to PM me can have them all.

David and Erica

The bottles have been taken.:mug:

Back