Crap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rethin

Reaction score
No, I mean that literally.

I had a clump of yeast on the bottom of my beer mug. I was avoiding it all night, just topping off my glass, not drinking to the very bottom.

But just now I finished off the last bottle and I went to wash my glass and rinse out my bottles but hey wait. Where did that yeast go? Damn, I think I just chugged it when I drained the last dregs from my glass.
Damn. Crap (literally), I'm gonna feel that in the morning.

Is there any solution to drinking live yeast? I know my office mates (let alone my wife) aren't going to appreciate this.

Rethin

PS This is a drunken post, please excuse my spelling/grammer errors.

Try decanting your beer out of the bottle a little differently, and you may be able to completely avoid any sediment from getting into your glass.

Keep in mind however that some beer styles like Wit, and Hefe's call for the yeast to be included in the glass with your beer. this may be done by gently rolling the bottle on it's side prior to popping the crown off. :)

Perhaps you should invest in a smaller glass...one that is just under 12oz. That's how I know I'll avoid those yeasties. :D

:off: On another note, why am I hungover today??? I only had two Ybor amber lagers last night, spread out over two hours and dinner. I just don't get it. :confused:

glibbidy said:
Try decanting your beer out of the bottle a little differently, and you may be able to completely avoid any sediment from getting into your glass.

Keep in mind however that some beer styles like Wit, and Hefe's call for the yeast to be included in the glass with your beer. this may be done by gently rolling the bottle on it's side prior to popping the crown off. :)
I prefer to pour most of my beer in the glass then giving it a couple of swirls to mix the yeast and beer together.:D

glibbidy said:

I wrote bottle just to simplify my post. In reality its a bit more complicated. If anyone here is drinks in Japan you'd know what I'm talking about.

I have bunch of 1.5 liter cans. Also I have a mini draft system that screws on the top of these cans. The CO2 charge is a small cylinder like you'd use in an air pistol. There is a tube from the tap/top to the bottom of the can. That tube is just long enough to suck up the yeast sitting on the bottom. (I should just cut that stupid tube by a centimer or two come to think of it)

The first glassfull gets the yeast bomb. I just left it in the bottom of my mug all night. But after 1.5 liters of my homebrew stout I just plain forgot about it and chugged it when I drained the dregs from my last glassfull.

To those of you whom said blame the dog (usually damn good advice;) ), I unfortunatly don't have one. :(

Oh yeah, and the yeast farts have already started.
Phew!

Rethin

Back