NHL 2009/20020 Season - Drunken Trash talk Allowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, a bit early but Pre-season is under way.

Damn, they start when it is still almost 30c and end when it is almost 30c. I should move somewhere colder so it feels like hockey season is almost under way.

Well, at least where it gets colder sooner. We don't really get fall here in Kelowna. We're near Canada's only dry land desert (yes, we have a desert in Canada, eh!) so the temps will go from really f'ing hot to cold to hot to cold to winter and snowmobile season almost faster than you can put the boat and water toys away.

johnny+canuck+logo.jpg

I expect the Blues to have a decent season. With Erik Johnson and Kariya back from injury, we're basically adding two elite players to a roster that kicked ass in the second half.

Keep an eye on Backes, Oshie, and Peron. We might even make it to the second round of the playoffs.

OK, that was the level-headed assessment. Now for the trash talk...

Denny, I have lost all faith in you as a hockey fan.

Scooter, I think your projected #15 would have something to say about that.

The Wings are looking pretty good so far. Lost a couple of players, but have a few good looking young guys coming up.

Not even looking forward to the Avs this season. Been there, done that.

Chicago looks to have added a couple of good players. We'll see if they can manage to contain all of that potential.

Other than that, I haven't really watched what other teams have done in the off season.

Denny, I have lost all faith in you as a hockey fan.

And why is that?

ANyway.. I'm wondering what the hell is going on with Sundin. Is he staying for a reduced rate (then why is he not working his ass off and playing pre-season) or are they going to pick up another player.

And for the record, I think we need a new coach. I never really like Vigneault as coach.

With all of the nonsense going on in the desert, you gotta wonder what Gretzky thinks about the whole thing. He has no contract and has not been to camp.

With all of the nonsense going on in the desert, you gotta wonder what Gretzky thinks about the whole thing. He has no contract and has not been to camp.

Time for him to move home to the land of 40 below snow falls. Wait.. that's right climate change has f'cked that up. Well, he could come home and coach for once anyway.

He should have bought iancouver when he ahd the chance a few years ago.

I think the Hawks/Wings/Blues should have a good battle for the division.
Looking forward to Hawks/Blues rivalry being rebuilt.
I'd like to get to a game in STL one of these years.

Oh damn, Caps up 6-2 on the Hawks........
.....in the 2nd!!!!
GRRR!!!!
This game seems to be answering the question as to who Chicago's backup goalie will be.

Hint: he's not playing tonight

Newfies root for whomever newfies wish to root for. There is no government law dictating which team we have to cheer for. Here in Lab, I would say it is broken down like this:

35% Leafs
30% Canadians
20% Boston
15% everyone else.

and ders Nuttin surer dan dat.

Ah, no Keith/Seabrook pairing on D.
That helps to explain the 6-2 whooping the Caps laid on the Hawks.
I always thought Seabrook was captain material, but I have no problem with Mr. Toews having the C locked up for many years to come. From what I've read, he was pretty pissed about his team's performance tonight.

I raise my glass to a fine young captain.
:mug:

And another to all the other hockey fans here
:mug:
Even Wings and Blues fans!

Newfies root for whomever newfies wish to root for. There is no government law dictating which team we have to cheer for. Here in Lab, I would say it is broken down like this:

35% Leafs
30% Canadians
20% Boston
15% everyone else.

and ders Nuttin surer dan dat.

I see an arctic cat in your av. Which model? It must be all trail riding in NL, eh?

I have 2002 Mountain cat 800 SE.

It is a 2006 M6. Actually I never hit the trails, all mountain deep snow riding for me. I live in Labrador, it is cold and lots of snow for about 7 months of the year. It is snowing today actually. We don't have mountains like BC, but they are perfect for snowmobiling, and no avalanche problems. I can also start the M6 in my driveway and be in the mountains in 5 minutes.

So back to hockey, how about those Leafs??? Can't wait til the regular season starts and they kick some ass.

Chrissy the Pinhead is, no doubt, a ******.

I didn't even like him that much when he played for the Blues. There was some talk about making a bid for him over the summer. I was sooooo glad when the Philly deal went through.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite all Hawks fans to get f'ed.

It is not necessary to extend this greeting to Wings fans because the rest of the league has it covered.

I will send you one of my homebrew if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.

(fyi - that is like punishment for you, since all my beer are flavourless uncarbonated crap...lol)

I will send you a 12-pack if the Wings fail to make the playoffs. And my beer is not flavourless uncarbonated crap. (usually).

On a more positive note, you have several months to improve your process! :D

As a Wings fan, I'm hoping they get the cup back. It's going to be tough, but the young guys showed more promise than the veterans in the finals. The talent is there, but the toughness factor was somewhat lacking at times. The Wings need a younger Holmstrom type to get the dirty rebound.

Chicago is on the rise, but they now have the Hossa curse and I'm not sure if they rectified their cap. Anaheim lost a bit of talent.

The East is going to be competitive. I don't expect the stars to align for Sid. I'll be pulling for the Rangers, because I like their brand of hockey, but I don't expect them to get too far. Hated the Devils since '95.

I don't think you are gonna lose that bet...but maybe I can give cleary a call to see if he can sabotage the wings chances of making the playoffs. gonna be harder to bribe him now since he isn't the drinker he was 5 seasons ago.

As a Wings fan, I'm hoping they get the cup back. It's going to be tough, but the young guys showed more promise than the veterans in the finals. The talent is there, but the toughness factor was somewhat lacking at times. The Wings need a younger Holmstrom type to get the dirty rebound.

Chicago is on the rise, but they now have the Hossa curse and I'm not sure if they rectified their cap. Anaheim lost a bit of talent.

The East is going to be competitive. I don't expect the stars to align for Sid. I'll be pulling for the Rangers, because I like their brand of hockey, but I don't expect them to get too far. Hated the Devils since '95.

Chicago is OK on the cap for now, perhaps depending on who gets called up to replace Burish.
It gets tricky after this season when Toews, Kane, and Keith are up for contracts, with Keith specifically being due for a HUGE raise.

Don't worry. My bet is safe. I'd love to see the Leafs in the playoffs. Besides the Bruins, they are my favorite team in the east. It would be cool to see them lose to the Wings in the Finals.

Back