Need a little help with my Cranberry Lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjibbad

Reaction score
Ok here is my issue...Call me a n00b if you want. I made a cranberry Lemonade, which tasted wonderful pre ferment but now has a winey taste to it. OG was 1.080 SG now is 1.004 fermented with premier cuve red star yeast.
Recipe is 2lbs Light DME, 6 cans concentrated lemonade, 2 cans cranberry juice concetrate, and 4 lbs turbinado sugar. Brewed June 15th. I want it bottled instead of kegged, but to back sweeten only makes it sweet wine. Adding more lemonade and cranberry is the solution but I don't want to restart fermentation. How would I do this without restarting fermentation and still end up carbed without a keg?

I was about to say to put some yeast in it, but apparently you already did that.

Seems like you want to make something like a Port Wine. Check out how they make Port, then get back us.

~regards

Do you want it carbonated in the bottle? If not, you can stabilize and then back sweeten, but that will render your yeast useless to carbonate in the bottle.

Back