Always look on the bright side of life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigafoos

Reaction score
You didn't boil off an extra gallon, you made it extra special.

That's not an infection, it's a farmhouse.

There have to be more, right?

You didn't add in the wrong ingredients, it's a limited-time-only sapecial edition.

We don't say STFU NOOB, we say RDWHAHB.

You don't have a ruined batch, you have a practice run.

Started drinking a little early I see...:D

In that Case....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo]YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life[/ame]

Well, I boiled off extra for the second batch in a row because I suck at batch sparge calculations (going to switch to fly because I hear it's better efficiency, but mostly because it's easier). The farmhouse came about when I said 'I forgot to clean my mash tun for a month after my last brew. I used a lot of star san, but we'll see... hell, I'll just call it a farmhouse.'

You didn't forget to add the sugar during the boil, you're doing an incremental feeding to let the yeast process complex sugars first.

You didn't break your racking cane, you made a DIY dip tube for your bottling bucket. (Thanks, Revvy!)

You didn't break your glass carboy, you added speed holes. That makes it go faster.

You didn't put your bottle conditioning beer into the fridge too soon because you were an impatient newbie, you were developing your abilty to recognize green beer.

You didn't have a boil over on the stove, you convinced SWMBO to let you buy a turkey fryer and brew outside!

You didn't have a boil over on the stove, you convinced SWMBO to let you buy a turkey fryer and brew outside!

Quality ^_^

You're not bringing homebrew to chemistry class (guilty!), you're transporting live yeast culture

You didn't find the last hop addition sitting on the counter after you just finished cleaning up, you wanted even more hops available for dryhopping!

I like this game!

Sadly, this one doesn't work for me - I can't imagine brewing outside during the time of the living dead (March through October) in Florida - especially during summer: 96 degrees every day with 80+% humidity and thunderstorms that can develop out of blue sky within a half an hour are bad enough, I certainly don't want to stand next to a propane burner in that environment.

You're not buying way too much craft beer, no matter what SWMBO says. You're researching styles.

I like this one the most :)

You didn't forget to add the sugar during the boil, you're doing an incremental feeding to let the yeast process complex sugars first.

Fixed it for you

the 999 Barleywine I made got incremental feedings... (which actually did help it to attenuate well, even if I meant to add it during the boil)

Also I think it is decent ;)

My personal favorite.

I'm at a bar with a few friends. Wife calls on the cell. "Are you going to be gone all night getting drunk?"

Me: "I'm not here to get drunk, I'm here doing research."

You didn't skunk your beer, you're attempting to determine light penetration efficiency throughout the malt spectrum.

Latest posts

Back