I'm looking for a good Nut Brown Ale Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Austin Homebrew Supply has this Nut Brown Ale. I really enjoyed it after about a month of bottle conditioning. I've made it once but I will be making more of it. There are more comments on it at the bottom of the link.

I just brewed this last Friday, picked it up from Northern Brewer. I'd be happy to let you know how it finishes! I plan on racking this weekend, and brewing another.

I've done northern brewers nut brown 3 times and its always done great. Its one of my favorites.. I've sone it with 3 different yeast strains.. 1056, 1332 and 1084.. I really like the wyeast 1084 irish the best with this recipe!!

I'd recommend Northern Brewer as well. None of their kits are bad and all yield a pretty decent result and the Nut Brown was one of my favorites when I first started out. Actually, I think it was my first brew ever!

Northern and MoreBeer both make a Moose Drool knockoff that is spectacular. we've brewed it 4 times and are brewing it again this weekend. Use NW Ale yeast or 1056 or irish. Add an extra pound of DME for a nice ABV bump.
The Nut Brown from Northern is fantastic but can be a little weak like Newcastle (which i love by the way).
Moose Drool for a little more malt and kick.

Just racked now, went from 1.056 to 1.011. Looks delicious!

image-1805210778.jpg

Thanks guys for all of your inputs. I am deciding between Northern Brewers Nut Brown Ale kit and their Caribu Slobber kit. Which would you say is closer to Brooklyn Brewery's Brown Ale?

I did a batch of the MB Karl's 90/schilling kit. I turned out so well my brother-in-law decided to do this one for his first time brewing.

BonzoAPD said:
They have a kit for it? I have had their nut brown ale and liked it.

I brewed this ithica brown nut ale. Extract and grain just look up the recipe on beer smith or somthing all I would change on they recipe is I would add a half ounce of williemette hops extra for 60 minutes

Here was the Caribou Slobber last night, it's bubbling away right now. The Nut Brown looks delicious, just hoping it gets clearer before too soon.

image-1014000829.jpg

you won't be disappointed with the Caribou. It is a kit my brew buddies and i have in a regular rotation about every 4 batches. Good, clean, easy to drink, everyone likes it.

I recently bottled my Carribou Slobber but have yet to taste it as it's conditioning. I am about to start the NB Nut Brown Ale Extract Kit with Specialty grains. Would anyone suggest any additions to their recipe based on personal experience? It's essentially just specialty grains, LME, and 1 oz. of Fuggles @ 60 min. The ABV should be in the 4.3% range. I wasn't sure if I should bump the ABV in any way or Hops.

Ive got a brown ale in the primary right now from my LHBS "Deez Nut brown ale", hoping it turns out good!

SlickRick said:
I recently bottled my Carribou Slobber but have yet to taste it as it's conditioning. I am about to start the NB Nut Brown Ale Extract Kit with Specialty grains. Would anyone suggest any additions to their recipe based on personal experience? It's essentially just specialty grains, LME, and 1 oz. of Fuggles @ 60 min. The ABV should be in the 4.3% range. I wasn't sure if I should bump the ABV in any way or Hops.

Curious about this also as I just received my kit and hope to brew it soon.

I made Northern Brewer's Nut Brown Ale and it turned out really well. I will be brewing their Caribou Slobber soon and will compare the two.

Latest posts

Back