Should I add the heay syrup ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdel

Reaction score
Kinda silly question I know but . I have started some Skeeter pee but instead of using lemon i have used Lime juice. I am wanting to add some Oregon brand cherries after priary fermantion but could have swore the can said "in water" instead i noticed today that they say in heavy syrup. Ya think I should add the syrup as well or drain it off ??? I am leaning toward draining it off.
Thanks ahead of time .
Jim

You can add the syrup post ferment...you have to backsweeten the SkeeterPee anyway, so measure the syrup and calculate it into the sugar you will backsweeten with. FWIW, you can add the strained fruit when the SG has dropped by 2/3 if you wanted--reserve syrup for after wine is dry. This will provide more cherry while still fermenting the fruit. Heck, we seem to add fruit at all stages when making this. There does not seem to be a right or wrong. Boy oh boy, cherry lime!

You are using lime juice concentrate, not lime juice and following Skeeter Pee recipe?

Thanks Sarahmc ;-) ya know there is a really great bunch of folks on here !!! I dont check in s often as I would like but I always seem to get just the answer from some one such as yourself . So thatnks for the great input .The stuff is bubbling along nicely will check the gravity this evening and see what we have . if nothing else it should be interesting :)
Jim

Back