New guy from Saint Paul Minnesota.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronRoughneck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am just getting in to home brewing. I currently am living back in Minnesota. I figured since I have a bum leg right now it would be a good time to learn about something I always wanted to get into! I haven't purchased any setups or kits yet. Hopping to find some good information from your community before I dive in and end up wasting too much money at first!

Hey IronRoughneck!

Welcome to the forum! I grew up in St. Paul - highland park but I'm out in the western burbs now. There are usually starter kits on Craigs for pretty cheap and you may be able to piece together what you need without too much of an investment.

Hopping to find some good information from your community...

I see what you did there! :cross:

Good to see another Minnesotan on here. There's loads of good information on the boards. Start reading the Beginners forum, you see the basics discussed in there a lot as well as some more advanced stuff so you'll get a great balance of exposure. I'll second the suggestion on Craigslist as a source for equipment, stuff gets posted pretty regularly. Enjoy!

Welcome, I am from MN also, a bit further north though I am in the Brainerd area. I am pretty new to this also, I have my second batch in primary right now and my first batch I just racked to secondary. Hopefully they don't suck.
I got most of my supplies from http://midwestsupplies.com/ you are very lucky, it is just a short drive for you to get there. No shipping costs for you :mug:

Thanks guys! I have been looking on craigslist and around online comparing.

And yes Fatmoose... I meant to put that typo! =P

Back