Freshops Crowns!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"How mucch ??? !!!"
They're auction style. How much are they worth to you? Very cool to be able to buy the crowns though!

More or less. The first year a rhizome is not expected to produce much, if any hops. The second year will even be a little low on yield. This is because they are developing their root system, or "crown". I would expect a near full yield from planting a full crown....

There like ugly babies. At first your like damn thats an ugly baby, but then you see them 3-4 months later, and your like damn thats a fine lookin kid.

the crown contains a lot of carbohydrates (food) for the growing shoots to utilize until they can get up and running. once they throw out some leaves, similar to solar panels, more energy is produced from the sunlight on top of the energy stored in the crown. thus a more mature harvest than from a single rhizome which has only limited carbs. stored for energy.

It showed up yesterday!

dsc00082f.jpg

Is there any Cascade available. I planted two rhizomes of Cascade and have no sprouts. I think they are dead. I would like to re-plant, but are having problems finding Cascade rhizomes this late in the season.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Dave:)

I planted a Cascade Crown and and two rhizomes (Goldings and Magnum) three summers ago. The Cascade sprouted quickly and produced cones the first year but only about a half pound. No cones the second year from the Cascade. One of my two plants from rhizomes produced about a half pound of cones last year. So far this year all three plants seem to be at the same stage of development. I'm not sure crowns provide that much benefit.

I guess I gotta a "Crown" by digging into a buddies 10 year patch and taking up like 20 rhizomes and a clump of dirt. Some of them were in the 2' diameter range and that was 5 weeks ago. Now I got 12' bines and hops popping up all over it.

Yes I have Zeus (columbus) Cascade, Goldings,Sterling, Horizon,Centennial, Hallauture and Tettnanger. I am offering these to my brew club first then they are up for grabs.

Yes I have Zeus (columbus) Cascade, Goldings,Sterling, Horizon,Centennial, Hallauture and Tettnanger. I am offering these to my brew club first then they are up for grabs.

If you end up with some columbus or Centennial shoot me a pm and i can wire you some money to cover shipping and a little bit for your time.

Cheers
Pat
:)

Consider your tett. spoken for if your clubbies don't want it. I'm a little far to RDWHAHB with but we can work something out.

Back