I dont think my fridge is working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
Ok, so my fridge is fairly new and I have it hooked up to a temp controller. I just brewed a beer today and had made a starter that I put in the fridge to allow it to settle and the fridge got down to 40 no problem so i changed to temp on my controller to my ferm temp which is 62 and go on with my brewing. I am now finished and the fridge is on but seems like it isn't getting producing cold air. Is there like a reset or something on fridges?

Is the temp sensor in a liquid in the fridge, or is it sensing the ambient air temp? The ambient air temp would need to be lower to get a ferment temp in the 60's.

And depending on the ambient temp where you are... 60 does not feel very cold. If the fridge was at 40 it may not cycle for a while. I would check the temp of a liquid in the fridge.

And no, most fridges do not have a reset. If something was scewy with the wiring of the temp controller, you might have tripped a breaker, but then the light in the fridge would not come on either.

Latest posts

Back