Avery Brewing Voltron (sour)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got to taste this beer at the Stone 13th Anniversary fest this past weekend.
I was very impressed with the flavor of this blend. I like sours, but I don't like the ones that bludgeon you to death with pucker factor. This one was distinctly sour, but very well balanced in the same way one might balance hops and malt to create that perfect IPA.

Other sours that I also sampled were Jolly Pumpkin's La Roja, and then the next day we visited Stone World Bistro and the waitress was kind enough to give me a tasting of Rodenbach Grand Cru. Both are also quite good but the one that stuck out for me was the Voltron.

From what I understand this is a something they threw together and not likely to stick around. So, if you can get a sample of it, I highly recommend doing so.

Voltron is good. I think that it is one of the better beers that I had from Avery. They have one they call the Platypus that is also pretty great.

I could drink La Roja all the time.

Back