What to do with 90 cases of beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
My friend owns Thunderhead brewery and is canning his Gold medal winning (and best selling) honey wheat beer. The last batch he canned failed to pass his strict quality standards and he canned 90 cases before he realized the problem. What to do with 90 cases of sub-standard beer (it tastes fine to me!)? We shot up five cases this afternoon and we still have 85 cases to go!

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2662.JPG

Oh, we cleaned up. We hauled out every scrap of blown to bits cans, plastic rings, and cardboard boxes. We may have left some 9mm, 7.62X25, and.22 brass though.

That is worse than dumping it - for the love of god drink the beer. drink the beer!

Combine shooting and drinking. Place the can on someone's head, blast a hole into it and let the golden beer run down your face.

I hope you at least plan to keep some for drinking, beer butchering in my own state. :mad:

(Admittedly, I'm not a fan of wheat though)

Looks like a FUN day! Hope you all consumed generous portions after shooting. BTW, The label design is AWSOME! Regards, GF.

Trevor is understandably proud of his honey wheat. This particular braggot took medals twice at The International Mead Festival in Boulder. He claims it has a slight "off" taste, though I took a single drink when we were shooting and didn't taste anything at all wrong with it.

He prices this to sell alongside other craft beers and he's building a name for himself. Where you and I would drink it, he's in business and he can't allow anything he considers substandard to get into anyone's refrigerator so he's not allowing anyone to have it whether they think it's good or not. He's going write it off, claim it as an expense, and move on to another batch.

I did have a couple of cans when I got home. I paid $8.99 for a six pack at the local grocery store.

Find a chemical that removes all the markings from the can and dunk them all in it. Then he can give them out and just tell people it's a new recipe he's working on. Nobody will ever know it's just a so-called bad batch of his already successful beer.

What about re-packaging it? Open 'em up, dump 'em in a sanitized container and allow the CO2 to escape. Re-carb and re-package, sell it to college kids (21+) for the same price as BMC. Get some new customers and hopefully make some $ back on the batch.

Or, dump it in a big tub and take a beer bath.

Back