Anyone near Ephrata or Royersford PA that can try my Oktoberfest, something is off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbehr

Reaction score
I brewed this beer a month or so back via BIAB method and hit all numbers right on. I used fresh washed yeast from a batch of kolsch that finished the day prior. Fermentation was a bit slow so I added a little more yeast thinking I underpitched around day 3. I let it fermend for about 3 weeks at mid/low 60's then kegged. Beer looks nice and clear but has an odd kinda dry after taste.

I can bottle and bring it to you or swing by and try it...just need some help figuring out what I did wrong so I can rebrew it. This is my 5th beer and only one that did not turn out great.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f63/bee-cave-brewery-oktoberfest-ale-38880/

Did you ever get anyone to help you out? Just curious as to why Ephrata and Royersford they are not that close. I can give it a whirl if you want but I'm in Phoenixville, probably could get out to rofo or if you can Thursday night my brew club meets in Collegeville. We have multiple bcjp judges in the club and I am sure someone there will know.

That would be awesome! I didn't know there was a beer club in the area. I live in Ephrata but work in Royersford, hence the two spots I was hoping someone could help!

There might actually be a club closer to you but I don't know for sure. Check out schomebrewers.com we meet every second Thursday at the Appalachian brewing company in Collegeville at 7:45. I am somewhat newer and still learning but these guys know their stuff.

Hey did you ever try any of St. Boniface brews? They are right down the street from my in laws in Ephrata but I never seem to be there when they are open.

I have had a few of their beers, a few local bars actually have them on tap. I really like the Libation and 3lb IPA. Their hours are a bit goofy, they are open thursday night and saturday morning/afternoon I believe. I used to live about 3 blocks away but now am about 10 minutes.

Back