Priming sugar and Bottling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks-04

Reaction score
So I bottled my first batch last week! I pulled one of the bottles out and looked at it by shinning a flashlight onto it. It had sediment at the bottom which I expected, but it looked like the priming sugar. It was white. Is this normal.

When I prepared the priming sugar by stirring it in a cup of water until it dissolved and then boiled it. As I siphoned the beer from primary bucket to bottling bucket I mixed the priming sugar/water in with to allow it to mix on its own as I siphoned.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this and if this is normal.

Thanks in advanced for all the input!

The yeasties are pooping, they like their privacy.

How much sugar did you put in? More than likely it's just normal sediment.

How would you like it if somebody shone a flashlight on you while you were doing your business? Step away from the bottles. Pretend for a couple of weeks they don't even exist. You'll be fine. :D

Haha.They had there privacy. It was like looking through a stained glass window! Just want to know how it looks during the process. Tomorrow I will be brewing the same beer but this time im gonna let it stay in the primary longer so i can taste difference!

Glad to know it is normal! Thanks for all the info!

Perfectly normal. Don't even worry about it. Oh, and make sure you don't pour the yeast into your glass! It's better this way!

Shecky's right;

Stepaway_copy.jpg

Most folks, who have been doing this for awhile, just bottle and walk away for three weeks. There's really not much to see in terms of bottle carbing and conditioning.

Latest posts

Back