Old Fire Extinguisher as a keg??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunhog

Reaction score
Hey HBT's,
While at work as a firefighter I thought of using an old fire extinguisher as a keg. These are the water filled type. The tank is stainless with a plastic dip tube. It can be pressurized via a shraeder valve. I can use CO2 cartridges that fit this style valve. This would be only for serving beer for parties, no long term storage. Has anybody seen or heard of anybody doing something like this? Thanks. Al

Only do this if tou can use the normal spray nozzle as a serving device (possibly line the original spray hose with beer line?). In which case this would be complete and total awesomeness. Also, contact an extinguisher service company in your area and obtain a full rebuild kit so you know you have non contaminated parts. And provide pics if this works.

Only do this if tou can use the normal spray nozzle as a serving device (possibly line the original spray hose with beer line?). In which case this would be complete and total awesomeness. Also, contact an extinguisher service company in your area and obtain a full rebuild kit so you know you have non contaminated parts. And provide pics if this works.

+1 - You gotta keep the valve/hose!

We use those for cooling the race car radiator. I se no readson why it wouldn't work, except the valve will probably make it foam like crazy, but damn would that be cool! :tank:

In college, my friends and I used to fill a fire extinguisher with harry buffalo and walk around parties filling random people's mouths with our nectar. Sorry...not much help but good times.....

Back