Still bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radler

Reaction score
I made a wit with Wyeast's wit yeast. It's been in secondary for 2.5 weeks now and there is still a healthy head in there with tiny bubbles coming up from all over non stop. When should this stop? Is it a sign of something bad? Most importantly, so I need to wait for it to stop before I try bottling? These may be stupid question but in all that I have brewed before I have never seen this. Thanks.

I'm fermenting a Hefeweizen which (I think) is a closely related yeast and it's still bubbling after 16 days fermentation and doesnt show any sign of slowing.

Don't worry, basically. It's just a characteristic of the yeast and i'm sure you'll find most people ask this same question. And yes, you must wait until they're finished before you bottle.

OR! You could have wild yeast in there :rockin: :rockin:

Same thing is happening with my hefeweizen. 1 week in primary and 1 in secondary and still getting bubbles ~30 seconds. Guess I'm not bottling tomorrow. And I thought the gravity was pretty low transferring to the secondary.

I've had ciders & barleywines ferment for months. I've got a gallon of hopwine in the secondary, the instructions say 6-9 months before bottling. The waiting can make you crazy.

Back